Location: Oxford, Permanent, Full time.
Scancell is an AIM listed biotech company, developing novel immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer and infectious disease, with facilities at the Oxford Science Park and at Nottingham University.
Scancell is currently conducting a Phase 2 trial of its ImmunoBody® vaccine in melanoma patients and also progressing to a first-in-human Phase 1/2 study of its Moditope vaccine in patients with advanced solid tumours. The successful candidates will be integrated in a multidisciplinary team involved in the development of our ImmunoBody® and Moditope® cancer vaccine platforms, our AvidiMab™ therapeutic antibody platform, as well as the development of our COVID19 vaccine.
Scancell’s existing laboratories are based in Nottingham. However, the Company is expanding into new laboratory facilities on the Oxford Science Park, where activities will focus on translational research, support for the Company’s clinical trial activities, and formulation and analytical development activities for its novel products.
Summary of Post
The Formulation Scientist post is a new role that will provide practical implementation of Scancell’s formulation development strategy. The primary role of the post holder is to perform formulation development to support the transfer of products from research development within the Company’s formulation development team. The post holder will join the team based at the Company’s new premises on the Oxford Science Park.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Execute formulation activities for Scancell’s development pipeline.
- Manufacture formulations for pre-clinical studies.
- Characterise potential formulations.
- Provide input for transfer of formulations to external GMP manufacturing operations.
- Work with research team members to identify opportunities to develop novel formulations.
- Attend training and company meetings and present when required.
- Commit to personal and continued professional development.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Experience in product development (formulation) and/or clinical manufacture.
- Understanding of international pharmaceutical guidances, regulations, drug development processes and industry-standard practices.
Key personal skills and abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve and work under pressure.
- Be a team player but also able to work independently.
- Be able to prioritise workload effectively, being flexible with changing priorities.
- Excellent organisational/time management skills.
- BSc/ MSc in pharmacy, pharmaceutical sciences or chemistry related discipline.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
The above statements reflect the general tasks, duties, activities and/or responsibilities necessary to describe this position and is not intended to set forth all of the specific requirements of the job. These job duties/responsibilities may change or vary in response to changing business needs.
If you would like to be considered, please send a full C.V. including references, and a detailed covering letter specifying how your particular skills and experience are relevant for this post to: [email protected]
Salary: Competitive salary and comprehensive employee benefits
Closing date: 15 August 2021
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.