Location: Oxford, Permanent, Full time.
Scancell, is an AIM listed biotech company, developing novel immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer and infectious disease, with facilities at the Oxford Science Park and at Nottingham University.
Scancell is currently conducting a Phase 2 trial of its ImmunoBody® vaccine in melanoma patients and also progressing to a first-in-human Phase 1/2 study of its Moditope vaccine in patients with advanced solid tumours. The successful candidates will be integrated in a multidisciplinary team involved in the development of our ImmunoBody® and Moditope® cancer vaccine platforms, our AvidiMabTM therapeutic antibody platform, as well as the development of our COVID19 vaccine.
Scancell’s existing laboratories are based in Nottingham. However, the Company is expanding into new laboratory facilities on the Oxford Science Park, where activities will focus on translational research, support for the Company’s clinical trial activities, and formulation and analytical development activities for its novel products. The positions currently available will be based at the Oxford Science Park and will support Scancell’s clinical trials, performing immunological assays, in accordance with the study protocols on samples coming in from the clinical trials. The results from these assays will be used to assess the immunological responses to the vaccines on trial.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Perform stock checks of consumables, media, solutions, buffers.
- To receive deliveries and unpack stock into laboratories.
- To assist in maintaining the health and safety compliance as applicable.
- Provide technical support for scientists running ELISpot assays or other cell-based assays.
- Grow cell lines and maintain the cell line database, including regular mycoplasma testing of cell line stocks.
- Adhering to health and safety policies to minimise risk in the laboratories including preparation of COSHH and risk assessments, including the correct handling and disposal of biological waste.
- BSc with practical experience of working in a cell laboratory.
- Capable of working independently as well as the flexibility to work effectively within a team.
- Experience of growing and maintaining cell lines and preparing reagents when required.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of MS word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
If you would like to be considered, please send a full C.V. including references, and a detailed covering letter specifying how your particular skills and experience are relevant for this post to: [email protected]
Salary: Competitive salary and comprehensive employee benefits
Closing date: 25th June 2021
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.