Location: Oxford, Permanent, Full time.
Scancell, is an AIM listed biotech company, developing novel immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer and infectious disease, with facilities at the Oxford Science Park and at Nottingham University.
Scancell is currently conducting a Phase 2 trial of its ImmunoBody® vaccine in melanoma patients and also progressing to a first-in-human Phase 1/2 study of its Moditope vaccine in patients with advanced solid tumours. The successful candidates will be integrated in a multidisciplinary team involved in the development of our ImmunoBody® and Moditope® cancer vaccine platforms, our AvidiMabTM therapeutic antibody platform, as well as the development of our COVID19 vaccine.
Scancell’s existing laboratories are based in Nottingham. However, the Company is expanding into new laboratory facilities on the Oxford Science Park, where activities will focus on translational research, support for the Company’s clinical trial activities, and formulation and analytical development activities for its novel products. The positions currently available will be based at the Oxford Science Park and will support Scancell’s clinical trials, performing immunological assays, in accordance with the study protocols on samples coming in from the clinical trials. The results from these assays will be used to assess the immunological responses to the vaccines on trial.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Perform immunology-based assays such as T cell culture, ELISpot assay, flow cytometry/sorting, cell killing, multiplex assays using the Mesoscale discovery platform.
- Perform T cell-based assays such as T cell transduction using lentivirus, isolation, and culture of T cells from tumour or peripheral blood samples.
- Perform immunological assays on clinical trial samples in accordance with the clinical trial study protocols. Take a lead role in the management of patient sample analysis, planning and coordinating assays/resources.
- Comprehensive data analysis, data presentation, report writing and communication of results.
- Line management of a scientist and technician.
- PhD with lab experience and a strong understanding of immunology.
- Good practical knowledge of immunology assays such as ELISpot assay, T cell culture, ELISA/Multiplex assays, flow cytometry, Lentivirus production and transduction.
- Knowledge of HTA, GMO regulations, GCP and H&S requirements associated with laboratory assays involving clinical trials samples or lentivirus transduced T cells/cell lines.
- Experience in pharmaceutical/biotech industry with experience in line management.
- Proficient knowledge of GraphPad prism, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook.
- Good oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate complex information with clarity to others.
- Ability to travel if required.
If you would like to be considered, please send a full C.V. including references, and a detailed covering letter specifying how your particular skills and experience are relevant for this post to: [email protected]
Salary: Competitive salary and comprehensive employee benefits
Closing date: 25th June 2021
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.