Location: Oxford, Permanent, Full time.
Scancell, is an AIM listed biotech company, developing novel immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer and infectious disease, with facilities at the Oxford Science Park and at Nottingham University.
Scancell is currently conducting a Phase 2 trial of its ImmunoBody® vaccine in melanoma patients and also progressing to a first-in-human Phase 1/2 study of its Moditope vaccine in patients with advanced solid tumours. The successful candidates will be integrated in a multidisciplinary team involved in the development of our ImmunoBody® and Moditope® cancer vaccine platforms, our AvidiMabTM therapeutic antibody platform, as well as the development of our COVID19 vaccine.
Scancell’s existing laboratories are based in Nottingham. However, the Company is expanding into new laboratory facilities on the Oxford Science Park, where activities will focus on translational research, support for the Company’s clinical trial activities, and formulation and analytical development activities for its novel products. The positions currently available will be based at the Oxford Science Park and will support Scancell’s clinical trials, performing immunological assays, in accordance with the study protocols on samples coming in from the clinical trials. The results from these assays will be used to assess the immunological responses to the vaccines on trial.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Accurately recording receipt, tracking and storage of clinical trial samples in accordance with the clinical trial protocols.
- Conduct immunological assays on clinical trial samples in accordance with the clinical trial study protocols.
- Perform immunology-based assays such as T cell culture, ELISpot assay, flow cytometry/sorting, cell killing, multiplex assays using the Mesoscale discovery platform.
- Perform T cell-based assays such as lentivirus production, T cell transduction, isolation and culture of T cells from tumour or peripheral blood samples.
- BSc/MSc with 2+ years lab experience.
- Experience of running cell-based assays such as ELISpot assays, flow cytometry.
- Maintain and keep accurate records and reporting results in a report format.
- Proficient knowledge of GraphPad prism, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook.
- Ability to travel within the UK if required.
If you would like to be considered, please send a full C.V. including references, and a detailed covering letter specifying how your particular skills and experience are relevant for this post to: [email protected]
Salary: Competitive salary and comprehensive employee benefits
Closing date: 25th June 2021
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.