Location: Oxford, Permanent, Full time.
Scancell is an AIM listed biotech company, developing novel immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer and infectious disease, with facilities at the Oxford Science Park and at Nottingham University.
Scancell is currently conducting a Phase 2 trial of its ImmunoBody® vaccine in melanoma patients and also progressing to a first-in-human Phase 1/2 study of its Moditope vaccine in patients with advanced solid tumours. The successful candidates will be integrated in a multidisciplinary team involved in the development of our ImmunoBody® and Moditope® cancer vaccine platforms, our AvidiMab™ therapeutic antibody platform, as well as the development of our COVID19 vaccine.
Scancell’s existing laboratories are based in Nottingham. However, the Company is expanding into new laboratory facilities on the Oxford Science Park, where activities will focus on translational research, support for the Company’s clinical trial activities, and formulation and analytical development activities for its novel products.
Summary of Post
The Formulation Development Manager post is a key position that will lead Scancell’s formulation development and outsourced manufacturing operations. The primary role of the post is to build and manage the Company’s new formulation development team to provide an effective route from pre-clinical formulation into outsourced GMP manufacturing.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Lead, design and execute formulation activities for Scancell’s development pipeline.
- Manufacture formulations for pre-clinical studies.
- Oversee characterisation of potential formulations.
- Provide oversight for transfer of formulations to external GMP manufacturing operations.
- Take line management responsibility for the formulation team.
- Mentor and coach team members, providing review and verification of work performed.
- Contribute to the expansion of the department, creating/contributing to the development of new scientific platforms.
- Have an in-depth understanding of scientific and commercial literature to ensure Scancell is at the forefront of novel approaches to the delivery of investigational products.
- Liaise with Scancell’s research team to ensure a smooth transition of novel products from research into process development and GMP manufacture.
- Devise and provide input for departmental SOPs, policies and guidelines.
- Attend training and company meetings and present when required.
- Commit to personal and continued professional development.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- GMP CMC manufacturing and formulation development experience.
- Understanding of international pharmaceutical guidances, regulations, drug development processes and industry-standard practices.
Key personal skills and abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively both with internal team members and external third parties.
- Ability to problem solve and work under pressure.
- Excellent organisational/time management skills, being able to prioritise workload effectively and be flexible with changing priorities.
- An interest in novel developments in formulation design and delivery.
- BSc/MSc in pharmacy, pharmaceutical sciences or chemistry related discipline.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to travel as required.
The above statements reflect the general tasks, duties, activities and/or responsibilities necessary to describe this position and is not intended to set forth all of the specific requirements of the job. These job duties/responsibilities may change or vary in response to changing business needs.
If you would like to be considered, please send a full C.V. including references, and a detailed covering letter specifying how your particular skills and experience are relevant for this post to: [email protected]
Salary: Competitive salary and comprehensive employee benefits
Closing date: 15 August 2021
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.